TAIT is a leading Melbourne-based furniture design and manufacturing company renowned for creating premium outdoor products that celebrate the Australian outdoor lifestyle.
Servicing the architectural, commercial, landscape and residential markets, Tait is an instrumental figure and leading force in the Australian design and manufacturing industry, with a long and proud legacy. Paramount to the Tait philosophy is collaboration and mentoring of emerging and established Australian designers, engaging Australian suppliers and manufacturing entirely onshore in Australia.
The Production Planner will be responsible for the generation of an accurate production plan that achieves customer service levels and inventory targets whilst maintaining product quality, a safe working environment and a highly motivated and engaged workforce. This role reports to the Operations Manager and is part of the manufacturing team.
General responsibilities will include:
– Develop and coordinate all planning and scheduling activities to meet production targets, deadlines and manufacturing capacity
– Communicate production plan, status updates, material availability and any production issues to the Operations Manager and stakeholders
– Generate planning reports, identifying and managing potential shortfalls
– Adjust production schedule based on forecast sales and confirmed orders
– Manage all MRP related master data and MRP set up for finished products
– Work closely with the Operations Manager to maintain inventory levels and meet production targets
– Inventory management and stock count when required
– Established excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers
– Strive to improve efficiencies, costs and processes
The successful candidate will have:
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a production planner or logistics planner in a manufacturing environment
– Desirable tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain
– Excellent time management and sense of urgency
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills
– Advanced understanding of BOM structures, process flow, and MRP tools.
– Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data
– Experience working with Kanban systems
– Strong communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
– Be able to think outside the box, and be adaptable to changes
– The successful candidate will have the chance to work in a dynamic company with a relaxed culture, where innovative ideas are welcomed and supported.
– We offer an attractive remuneration package based on skills and experience (including performance-based incentives).
– We provide a detailed induction program and structured performance and salary reviews.
– The position is full-time. The role is based at Tait’s manufacturing HQ in Thornbury, VIC.
View the Position Description here.
Please send your resume and expression of interest through to email@example.com