CARE & MAINTENANCE
At Tait, we make products for life. Our products are crafted from high-performance materials designed to withstand the diverse Australian elements. We nurture our craft, combining timeless and cutting-edge designs with beautiful finishes in order to elevate your outdoor (or indoor) experience.
Our collections are handcrafted from weather-resistant materials, making each piece a durable choice. In order to maintain their look and feel over time, Tait items need ongoing care and maintenance. The frequency of maintenance will vary depending on the level of care you want to provide, your personal standards and requirements as well as the environment within which the product lives.
Careless handling, treatment or misuse of our products can result in damage and is not covered under our five-year structural warranty. Please click through to the care instructions relevant to the specific materials and finishes of your product, and refer to the list to the right for warranty exclusions.
The warranty does not cover damage from mishandling, misuse, physical or chemical abuse, by not following proper care and maintenance instructions, accidental damage, damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse.
- The warranty does not cover fading or natural ageing of the timber, non-structural defects in the timber, naturally occurring timber features, surface and end checking, or lack of maintenance leading to an acceleration of any of these issues.
- The warranty does not cover corrosion originating from scratches or abrasions that result from general wear and tear and which cannot be removed via standard cleaning and maintenance processes.
- The warranty does not cover any occurrence of any detritus, organic or man-made matter settling on the product surface. The warranty excludes buildup of mineral deposits leaching from soils and fertilisers, should it occur on Tait’s planters. Nor does this warranty cover any product corrosion directly caused by aforementioned matter.
- The warranty does not cover minor corrosion spots at the weld joins: under table tops, bases and seat frames. These do not affect the structural integrity of the product and are a natural outcome of the material used.
- The warranty does not cover the corrosion of steel furniture and parts, including stainless steel, as a result of direct use in harsh seafront locations or in a confined, chlorinated environment.
- The warranty does not cover product damage caused by the build-up of mould due to environmental factors such as wet weather, damp and humidity
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or natural fading of the materials used.
- The warranty does not apply to any variances in colour, shade or gloss level of finishes, stone tops and timbers.
- The warranty does not cover products that the customer decides they do not like following delivery, including to colour, fabric, timber or other opinions based on personal preference.
- Tait shall not be liable for, and specifically excludes, any claims caused directly or indirectly by any event or matter beyond its control, including incidental, consequential or contingent damages suffered as a result of the use of the furniture or a breach of this warranty either written or implied.
- All products purchased at a sale price are subject to the specific warranty conditions outlined on sale invoice.
- The warranty does not cover transportation costs for replacement parts and products or labour costs for repair. These costs may be charged at our discretion.
- The warranty does not cover goods which have been held in storage for any period. This is due to the potential impact of environmental extremities which may be present within certain storage facilities.