CARE & MAINTENANCE
The holy grail of outdoor furniture manufacturing is finding those mystical materials that neither weather nor fade under the extreme conditions of the great Australian outdoors. At Tait, we will not rest in our quest to find them, but in the meantime, we will keep on using the most premium materials we have at our disposal and tell you how to keep them at their best.
Here at Tait, our purpose is simple. To make beautiful outdoor furniture that’s designed to last – at least – a lifetime. Our craft is combining high-performance materials, robust and durable enough to withstand the diverse Australian elements, with timeless, cutting-edge design in order to elevate the outdoor experience.
Put simply, Tait is where handmade, high-end design meets down-to-earth performance.
Like owning a luxury car, some TLC on your part will keep your Tait pieces ship shape, allowing them to weather and age gracefully over the seasons. The frequency of maintenance will vary depending on your personal standards and requirements as well as the environment in which the products live.
Careless handling, treatment or misuse of our products can result in damage and is not covered under our manufacturer’s warranty. Please refer to the materials and finishes relevant to your product as outlined.
The warranty does not cover damage from mishandling, misuse, physical or chemical abuse, by not following proper care and maintenance instructions, accidental damage, damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse.
• The warranty does not cover fading or natural ageing of the timber, non-structural defects in the timber, naturally occurring timber features, surface and end checking, or lack of maintenance leading to an acceleration of any of these issues.
• The warranty does not cover corrosion originating from scratches or abrasions that result from general wear and tear and which cannot be removed via standard cleaning and maintenance processes.
• The warranty does not cover minor corrosion spots at the weld joins: under table tops, bases and seat frames. These do not affect the structural integrity of the product and are a natural outcome of the material used (mild steel).
• The warranty does not cover the corrosion of steel furniture and parts, including stainless steel, as a result of direct use in harsh seafront locations or in a confined, chlorinated environment.
• The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or natural fading of the materials used.
• The warranty does not apply to any variances in colour, shade or gloss level of finishes, stone tops and timbers.
• The warranty does not cover products that the customer decides they do not like following delivery, including to colour, fabric, timber or other opinions based on personal preference.
• Tait shall not be liable for, and specifically excludes, any claims caused directly or indirectly by any event or matter beyond its control, including incidental, consequential or contingent damages suffered as a result of the use of the furniture or a breach of this warranty either written or implied.
• All products purchased at a sale price are subject to the specific warranty conditions outlined on sale invoice.
• The warranty does not cover transportation costs for replacement parts and products or labour costs for repair. These costs may be charged at our discretion.