- 600mm W
- 620mm D
- 695mm H
- 60cm W
- 62cm D
- 69.5cm H
- 23.62in W
- 24.41in D
- 27.36in H
The Jak Lounger is a new design classic. A timeless profile transcendent of fads, Jak’s wireframe structure delivers graceful form and a fine-lined silhouette. Designed by Justin Hutchinson for Tait, this cohesive collection incorporates dining and bar compositions, occasional tables and a variety of seating options.
Perfect for home, hospitality, work – inside and out – mix and match finishes from a wide range of durable, powder coat colours and top options.
The Jak seating ensemble has graceful form, fine-lined profiles and stylishly tilted backrests. Jil Tables are elegant outside and in and take shape in Dining Table, Bar Table, Coffee and Side Table formats that can pair with a range of tops.
The Jak & Jil Collection is manufactured with mild steel and the Jak seat pad, incorporating premium exterior-grade foam and upholstered in a selection of luxurious outdoor fabrics, softens the raw materiality of the collection, providing superior comfort.
The Jak & Jil Collection is revered by architects and designers alike for its ability to speak to a range of residential and commercial contexts along with the assurance of genuine local manufacture using sustainable methodologies, quality craftsmanship supported with a manufacturer guarantee and product longevity.
Spanning commercial to residential and hospitality to corporate applications, each piece in this comprehensive collection is designed for outdoor use, though is equally at home indoors.
BANKSIA LEAF TEXTURED
BURGUNDY CLAY TEXTURED
CORE TEN TEXTURED
DEEP OCEAN TEXTURED
PALE EUCALYPT TEXTURED
TEAL SEA TEXTURED
WOODLAND GREY TEXTURED
Justin Hutchinson is a Melbourne-based industrial designer, lecturer and urban innovator who is a firm believer in the positive value of design.
Justin’s experience with outdoor products and environmental design sparked his research into the duality between the manufactured and the natural environment — designing for longevity and ultimately trying to forge a way for the man-made to co-exist with the natural environment. As Design Director of Urban Commons, a cross-disciplinary design consultancy committed to reviving the spirit of the commons in our urban spaces, he strives for considered urban solutions to high density living through technological and social innovation.
The holy grail of outdoor furniture manufacturing is finding those mystical materials that neither weather nor fade under the extreme conditions of the great Australian outdoors. At Tait, we will not rest in our quest to find them, but in the meantime, we will keep on using the most premium materials we have at our disposal and tell you how to keep them at their best.
Here at Tait, our purpose is simple. To make beautiful outdoor furniture that’s designed to last – at least – a lifetime. Our craft is combining high-performance materials, robust and durable enough to withstand the diverse Australian elements, with timeless, cutting-edge design in order to elevate the outdoor experience.
Put simply, Tait is where handmade, high-end design meets down-to-earth performance.
Like owning a luxury car, some TLC on your part will keep your Tait pieces ship shape, allowing them to weather and age gracefully over the seasons. The frequency of maintenance will vary depending on your personal standards and requirements as well as the environment in which the products live.
Careless handling, treatment or misuse of our products can result in damage and is not covered under our manufacturer’s warranty. Please refer to the materials and finishes relevant to your product as outlined.
The warranty does not cover damage from mishandling, misuse, physical or chemical abuse, by not following proper care and maintenance instructions, accidental damage, damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse.
• The warranty does not cover fading or natural ageing of the timber, non-structural defects in the timber, naturally occurring timber features, surface and end checking, or lack of maintenance leading to an acceleration of any of these issues.
• The warranty does not cover corrosion originating from scratches or abrasions that result from general wear and tear and which cannot be removed via standard cleaning and maintenance processes.
• The warranty does not cover any occurrence of any detritus, organic or man-made matter settling on the product surface. The warranty excludes buildup of mineral deposits leaching from soils and fertilisers, should it occur on Tait’s planters. Nor does this warranty cover any product corrosion directly caused by aforementioned matter.
• The warranty does not cover minor corrosion spots at the weld joins: under table tops, bases and seat frames. These do not affect the structural integrity of the product and are a natural outcome of the material used (mild steel).
• The warranty does not cover the corrosion of steel furniture and parts, including stainless steel, as a result of direct use in harsh seafront locations or in a confined, chlorinated environment.
• The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or natural fading of the materials used.
• The warranty does not apply to any variances in colour, shade or gloss level of finishes, stone tops and timbers.
• The warranty does not cover products that the customer decides they do not like following delivery, including to colour, fabric, timber or other opinions based on personal preference.
• Tait shall not be liable for, and specifically excludes, any claims caused directly or indirectly by any event or matter beyond its control, including incidental, consequential or contingent damages suffered as a result of the use of the furniture or a breach of this warranty either written or implied.
• All products purchased at a sale price are subject to the specific warranty conditions outlined on sale invoice.
• The warranty does not cover transportation costs for replacement parts and products or labour costs for repair. These costs may be charged at our discretion.
Wash regularly with warm soapy water and mild detergent using a soft cloth (in mild environments every 6 months). For commercial, industrial or marine environments we recommend monthly maintenance. Always rinse well with water, to remove any remaining detergent.
Avoid steam cleaning, pressure washing, abrasive cleansers, steel brushes/wools and cleaners containing chlorine. Avoid scratching the surface by dry dusting. Never use strong solvents to clean powder coated surfaces. Aggressive solvents such as turpentine, white spirits, thinners, citrus based cleaners, and other aggressive solvents are harmful to the extended life of the powder coated surface. Dull surfaces can be revived using car polish. Do not allow detritus, organic or man-made matter to settle on the product surface. We recommend removing any buildup of mineral deposits leaching from soils and fertilisers, should it occur on Tait’s planters.
Rough treatment of powder-coated furniture can result in chipping of the coated surface; this is not covered under warranty.
Most Tait products come with protective fittings – stacking glides, bumpers, socks/feet and glides. These aid protection against chipping and scratching. Powder coated stacking chairs are designed to be set in place gently.
Touch-up paint may be purchased on request. It is advisable to repair minor nicks and scratches as soon as they appear.
Powder coat is a decorative finish for indoor and outdoor use. While it assists with metal protection, it is not a corrosion protection in its own right. The components of Tait powder coated products are produced in either aluminium, stainless steel or mild steel.
The mild steel base materials are treated with two levels of pre-protection that guard against corrosion. The products are then powder coated to make the surface resistant to corrosion and suitable for use in exterior environments.
Minor corrosion spots at the weld joins – under table tops, bases and seat frames, may be evident on mild steel products. These do not affect the structural integrity of the product and are not covered by the Tait warranty.
Whilst every care is taken to provide the most suitable finish according to the use and the environment the product will be subjected to, Tait cannot guarantee this decorative finish against scratching, scuffing, chipping, fading or corrosion as a result of use in harsh seafront/extreme environments.
Tait offer a range of powder coat colours which offer excellent UV stability and are suitable for use in outdoor applications. Whilst powder coat offers excellent colour retention, natural fading is not covered under the Tait warranty. To ensure longevity of this finish please refer to the care and maintenance.
The warranty does not cover any occurrence of detritus, organic or man-made matter settling on the product surface. The warranty also excludes buildup of mineral deposits leaching from soils and fertilisers, should it occur on the surface of Tait’s planters. Nor does this warranty cover any product corrosion directly caused by aforementioned matter.
Like Superman’s suit, hot-dip galvanising a mild (mannered) steel frame not only looks the business, it provides an extra layer of protection from corrosion. We offer a galvanised finish on some of our steel products specified for use in extreme environmental conditions, or for those seeking an industrial vibe.
For the technically inclined and detail-oriented, here are some fun facts about a galvanised steel finish:
-It has a protective zinc coating which gives a sacrificial layer that inhibits corrosion of the base metal
-Tait uses the hot-dip galvanizing method whereby each piece is submerged in a bath of molten hot zinc
-It is very low-maintenance
-It’s the Real McCoy of industrial finishes and so surface irregularities, such as small bumps and surface coarseness will be apparent but is all part of the appeal
-It is bright silver when new and will gently dull over time. But don’t we all…
We offer a hot-dip galvanised finish on the following collections:
-Jak & Jil, Flint Collection , Kink Collection, Stripe Stool
No specific maintenance is required; however, we recommend washing your galvanised products with water and a soft brush every six months to remove dirt and debris build-up.
Careless handling, treatment or misuse of our products can result in damage and is not covered under our manufacturer’s warranty.
Galvanised steel is an industrial finish which offers superior corrosion protection. Surface irregularities, such as small bumps and surface coarseness may be apparent and are characteristic of the finish. Whilst care is taken to remove these irregularities where possible, they are a result of the galvanising process and are not covered under warranty.